The Shulman Vein and Laser Center in Manhasset and Commack on Long Island, and Park Avenue in New York City, is conducting a brief survey from our new and existing leg vein treatment patients. The focus of the short questionnaire is about how you feel about having visible varicose veins or spider veins and how it is effecting your quality of life. The survey is just a few questions long, totally anonymous and will help in our research in the vein field. If you participate in the study, all the vein treatment methods and medicines we use will be the same as those which we have successfully used in the past. This research study is not in any way using our patients as ‘lab rats’ for experimental leg vein treatments. It is totally a quality of life investigation, not a medical treatment study. The short question and answer form we are using is to be filled out when you are in our offices and is not being offered as an online download.
As a way of thanking those patients who participate in the research, we are offering our leg vein injection treatment therapy at a reduced fee of $225 for ten injections, as opposed to our regular fees of $375 for ten injections. We do not yet have a date when we will be finishing the survey but hope to enroll enough patients so that we can use the data generated to publish a quality of life and leg vein paper for publication in the future.
For those patient’s interested in having varicose veins and or spider veins treated (at a reduced fee) we ask that you phone our offices and schedule an appointment. You can let the nurses know you would like to be enrolled in the research group and when we see you the paperwork form can be filled out.
Thank you to all those who have already participated
Dr. Martin L. Shulman M.D.
Dr. Lee G. Shulman M.D.
- Varicose Veins, Spider Veins, And Exercise - June 27, 2016
- Three Types Of People At Risk For Developing Varicose Veins - June 6, 2016
- Information About Laser Treatment Of Leg Varicose Veins - May 18, 2016
- What Causes Varicose Veins During A Pregnancy ? - March 19, 2016
- Are the pains in your legs from Venous Insufficiency? - March 3, 2016
- 12 Questions to Ask Your Long Island Vein Center - November 4, 2015
- Family History and the Prevention Of Varicose Veins—Is It Even Possible? - June 8, 2015
- Varicose Veins Around the Knees - May 6, 2015
- Bleeding From Varicose Veins Or Spider Veins In The Legs - March 10, 2015
- Leg Swelling And Two Potential Ways To Help It - January 27, 2015